There's an app for that
We are pleased to announce that you can now access your BeSafe data via a free third party app - Liferay Sync™.
Download the App
Configure the App
Once the app is installed on your device, you will need to configure it. The basic configuration is as follows:
- Site/URL: https://www.besafe.net/besafe
- Username: the full email address you use to sign in at www.besafe.net
- Password: your unique password for www.besafe.net
Changing the App Launcher / Icon
Third Party Apps and Free Options
If you were able to install Liferay Sync™ on your device, either because you own it personally, or you're authorized to install programs on it by your department/organization, most likely you can alter the launcher icons on the device you've installed using a third party app. Links to resources about these other apps can be found below, at the bottom of this article. We do not recommend any particular app to do this, and instructions vary from developer to developer, but the concept is as follows:
- Install the Liferay Sync™ app on your device
- Install a third party app that can create custom shortcuts or change icons
- Create new shortcut/icon with the desired name and graphic
- Remove the old icon (if still present)
- Use the data in your organization's community of the BeSafe Portal
Now you will be able to launch the app by clicking on the icon you've created/selected. We would recommend using a graphic that reflects the purpose of the data/materials in the BeSafe Portal, as well as an appropriate name ("Launch BeSafe", "School Safety", "Campus Safety", etc). You are welcome to use our app icon if you wish, which can be found below. If you would like any help doing this to your device, please contact us and we will assist you, though it is probably best not to call from the device you are trying to configure.
Liferay Sync for desktops/laptops
Liferay Sync™ also comes as a more traditional computer based application. This version of Liferay Sync™ is ideal for First Responders, as it can be installed on a dispatcher's machine and will then always present the most current data and files in a traditional folder structure, based on the operating system. This can facilitate linking the facility data files to the physical address within the dispatcher's Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system. More information will be provided here and in an email to all users.
You can learn more about Liferay Sync™ directly from the developers here.
- 4 Ways to Change Apps Icons on Android
- Icon Changer free
- How to change app icons on your Android phone
When in doubt, go to the app store on your device and search for "Change app icon".